Thursday, June 13, 2013

i was right!! older ≠ wiser

hi! today i was facebooking. there was a friend's post saying that people don't believe in her just because she is a YOUNG doctor (freshly just passed the final exam).




most of us gave comment like "be patient" then suddenly, there was a person that i don't know commented:

so he accused my friend for being too proud and she boasted that she is a 'DOCTOR'...he also said many negative things.. so, i stepped in because my friend didn't do anything! my idea was to rasionalised things to this man and i wrote using polite words too..
but in the end he called me of being 'pretending to be good' and he twisted my words to annoyed me.  so, another friend stepped in and saying something like 'just ignore him'. and i did after that:
so in the next conversation, i was commenting on his speech and language like a psychiatrist did but without addressing to HIM!so, i think he felt annoyed and said like that HE IS MY FRIEND'S UNCLE!!

now i get it why my friend didn't react anything!! i really, really wanted to reply back "really??you don't seem like an uncle for me because you are sooo immature. for some people, only the body will grow and age, but not the mind"

today's incident got me remembering my younger days..when i was in my rebel days, i always thought that why must i respect older people?they're just older me..nothing special about them.they're just... people! but when i was like 18years-old until just now, i was thinking..we need to respect older people because they are wise because they have more experiences....but now i'm thinking, i need to equally respect all people disregard of age, race, money, title..anything but the respect can be gained and crushed.so, in the end, i'm back with my 12 years-old opinion. I WAS RIGHT!!

but the incident reminds me: DON'T EVER EVER EVER TREAT PEOPLE BELOW ME BADLY!!
so thanks a lot the annoying uncle!!

No comments:

Post a Comment