Thursday, June 6, 2013

my final exam

hi! how are you?

currently i'm just resting. not doing anything...very lazy even to lift a finger..everyday i wake up late, eating, playing, chatting, surfing internet, watching tv...i am really happy!

i am a person who loves leisure.  usually, i'm not hardworking when it comes to studying, except when i was in form 3 (because i realised that i didn't know anything- I HATE NOT KNOWING!! and when i was in 2nd year in university, that was when i failed a module- I HATE FAILING!). But, for this final exam i knew that I must do something about it or i'd fail terribly.

i was worried when i couldn't answer the questions that was asked by my lecturers. that's how i knew that i didn't put enough effort in my studies. i was afraid of failing because God didn't want me to be a doctor because i would harm my patients due to my ignorence.

these were things that i did less than 4 months before final:
1. i went to ward on weekends
    - i stopped my policy of 'weekends are days where i don't go to class/hospital, and nobody/nothing can make me!!'. suprisingly, it became a routine. the step to get out from my room on weekends became lighter and lighter as time goes by.

2. i joined a study group
    - i never had a study group before. usually i just study by myself or with random friends. i knew i had to be in the same group with superhardworking people who studies consistently.. one day, i got an invitation to joined a study group that were brilliantly hardworking, all boys group! then later, they add another 3 girls from time to time (because they pitied me for being the only female in the group).




3. took time to study everyday (even just for a while)

4. stressed more on the critical part (like everyday things--heart diseases, hypertension, etc etc)

5. last, but not least, have fun and be happy!!
    - stresses/worries/ never helped with anything. so, enjoy yourself to relieve stress! (i never understand people who keeps studying with wrinkled forehead and teary eyes!).
 one day, i was really busy and hungry, the clinic ends almost at 2pm..the cafe's food were finished..so i drove to mcd and had a set of large triple cheeseburger. ALONE!
 sometimes i had dinner with my housemates at different locations. our hobbies are eating and checking out restaurants..
i would steal some times to see my family because just with seeing and talking to them improves my mood.always

the day of my final exam had arrived very quickly. on second day of the exam, i found out that i answered one of my papers wrongly (almost all of them). i felt crushed.. so i sang siti nurhaliza's 'purnama merindu' loudly. menyanyi lagu jiwang yg penuh perasaan sgt melegakan perasaan!then i ate, talked to my friends about it and slept....durind my long case (the exam where most of us fear the most-where the examinee will be face-to-face being tested by many examiners one-by-many), i got cases that i didn't know the diagnosis but God helped me by making me calm and speak confidently(goreng je taunye)

when i was waiting for the result, i was ready to fail. so i enjoyed myself everyday until very late, because i didn't want to sleep. if i slept, the day would be shorter and the day when the result announcement would become nearer.

on the announcement day, my dean looked happy and said "by a few minutes, you are not my student anymore. you will be my colleagues". but i got lucky, my dean announced my name and that's mean that i passed!! but i couldn't celebrated it with friends because some of them didn't make it.

i really thanked Allah, my family, friends especially my study group members, lecturers and my examiners who passed me. i always thought that Allah wants me to become a doctor, because i never thought of it before i filled in the UPU form. so, i will do my job wholeheartedly, lillahitaala..insyaallah.

so these are some advices for those who will sit for finals:
1. be sincere to God
2. don't study last minute!!!study smart
3. try to have fun, don't just study&stress yourself!

i hope you all have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment